How Did I Get Here? interviewed C.B. and Matt about Orb Recording Studios. They talked about how the studio came to be, building the studio, producing records, running a studio while touring with Blue October and much more. (the interview with Matt & C.B. starts about 6:40)
Theresa from 94.5 talked to Blue October before . They talked about Blue October fans, Justin’s beard, what’s next for them, and much, much more.
Justin and C.B. also performed Say It and Dirt Room acoustically.
If you follow Justin on Twitter you know that he has been in the studio recording an acoustic album. Until now, all we’ve known is that he has been recording. Now details have been announced via Blue October’s social media pages.
They posted this announcement on Twitter:
New album coming out September 4th to be presented at the open book shows.
And this announcement on Facebook:
Finally finished this piece of work. So proud . One track of guild acoustic guitar , one track of vocals. The answer , black orchid , angel , schizophrenia , calling you , chameleon boy , sound of pulling heaven down , hate me , any man in America , worry list , fear , not broken anymore.
Here is a complete track list for the album:
Songs From An Open Book will be available from the Blue October merchandise store, Amazon, iTunes, and other retail outlets. It will also be available to purchase at shows on the Open Book tour.
Update: The album is now available to pre-order from the Blue October merchandise store. Any pre-order includes an instant download of Angel. There are several pre-order packages available. You can see them here.
- October 16, 2014 - O2 Academy – Birmingham, England
- October 17, 2014 – Islington Assembly Hall – London, England
- October 18, 2014 – Band On The Wall – Manchester, England
- October 20, 2014 - Freiheiz Halle – Munich, Germany
- October 21, 2014 – Babylon Kino – Berlin, Germany
- October 22, 2014 – Imperial Theater – Hamburg, Germany
- October 23, 2014 - Kleine Meistersingerhalle - Nuremberg, Germany
- October 24, 2014 – Robert-Schumann-Saal – Dusseldorf, Germany
All ticketing information can be found here.
Justin will be going on a solo acoustic tour this Fall. Ashleigh Stone, who has toured with Justin acoustically and with Blue October in the past, will be joining him again on the tour. The dates for the 2014 Open Book Tour are:
- September 4, 2014 – Rockin Rodeo – Denton, Texas
- September 5, 2014 – The Roxy Event Center – Joplin, Missouri
- September 6, 2014 - Ordway Auditorium – Amarillo, Texas
- September 7, 2014 – Cactus Theater – Lubbock, Texas
- September 9, 2014 – Tricky Falls – El Paso, Texas
- September 10, 2014 – Jean Cocteau Cinema – Santa Fe, New Mexico
- September 12, 2014 - The Irenic – San Diego, California
- September 13, 2014 – Assembly Music Hall – Sacramento, California
- September 14, 2014 – Knitting Factory – Reno, Nevada
- September 16, 2014 – The Chapel – San Francisco, California
- September 17, 2014 – Alberta Rose Theater – Portland, Oregon
- September 18, 2014 – The Triple Door – Seattle, Washington
- September 20, 2014 – The Stateroom – Salt Lake City, Utah
- September 21, 2014 – The Black Sheep – Colorado Springs, Colorado
All ticketing information, including meet and greet passes, can be found here.
Here is a brief description of what the shows will be like:
The shows will consist of spoken word, a question-and-answer session, and an acoustic set of intimate versions of fan-favorite Blue October songs. The evening will focus on breaking down the walls between artist and audience, and will provide fans with the most access to Justin ever available.
Houston’s 94.5 The Buzz interviewed Justin this morning. They talked about attending The High School for Performing and Visual Arts, his upcoming acoustic residency in LA, how Blue October’s music has changed, performing in Houston and much more. Justin also performed a Hate Me and Calling You.
You can see pictures here.
- July 19, 2014 – The Buzz Weenie Roast – Houston, Texas
- August 23, 2014 – Bat Fest – Austin, Texas
- November 12, 2014 – The Fillmore – Silver Spring, Maryland
- November 13, 2014 – Royale – Boston, Massachusetts
- November 14, 2014 – The Trocader Theatre – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- November 15, 2014 – Webster Hall – New York, New York
- November 16, 2014 – House of Blues – Cleveland, Ohio
- November 19, 2014 – Bogarts – Cincinnati, Ohio
- November 20, 2014 – Newport Music Hall – Columbus, Ohio
- November 21, 2014 – The Fillmore – Detroit, Michigan
- November 22, 2014 – House of Blues – Chicago, Illinois
- November 23, 2014 – The Vogue – Indianapolis, Indiana
- November 28 and 29, 2014 – House of Blues – Dallas, Texas
- December 4, 2014 – Route 66 Casino – Club Envy – Albuquerque, New Mexico
- December 5, 2014 – Talking Stick Resort & Casino – Scottsdale, Arizona
- December 6, 2014 – The Fonda Theatre – Los Angeles, California
- December 7, 2014 – Brooklyn Bowl – Las Vegas, Nevada
- December 9, 2014 – Summit Music Hall – Denver, Colorado
- December 11, 2014 – The Rave – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- December 12, 2014 – Sokol Auditorium – Omaha, Nebraska
- December 18, 2014 – Iron City – Birmingham, Alabama
- December 19, 2014 – Jannus Live – St. Petersburg, Florida
- December 20, 2014 – House of Blues – Lake Buena Vista, Florida
- December 21, 2014 – Revolution – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
All ticketing information can be found on Blue October’s website.
Blue October was in St. Louis for Pointfest 2014 this past weekend. Justin sat down with 105.7 The Point before they performed. They talked about the other bands that were at the festival, the Sway PledgeMusic campaign, touring with his family, art, what’s coming up next, and much more.
The Broadcast in Dallas talked to Justin touring with his family, where he was the first time he heard a Blue October song on the radio, singing in the shower, and his dream collaboration.
Justin also talked briefly about where they have toured and then he and Ryan performed Fear.
Justin also performed an a capella version of Bleed Out.
Earlier in the show Justin and Ryan played a game of Last Word with the hosts of the show.
While Blue October was in Illinois last month for the Sway Tour Justin gave Digital Tour Bus a tour of Blue October’s bus. If you’ve ever wondered what the inside of their bus looks like, here’s your chance. Check out the video below.
Justin shares a touring story-
Justin’s top five touring tips
Blue October was in Dallas for the Suburbia Music Festival yesterday. Justin sat down with 103.7 KVIL for a really fun interview. They talked about twerking (see Justin twerk here), Chris Daughtry tweeting about Sway (see his tweet here), what Justin would be doing if he wasn’t a musician, going to a performing arts school and much, much more.
Justin stopped by 95 WIIL ROCK yesterday. He talked about Sway, touring, song writing, getting clean and the Open Book tour (and mentions that he’s going to go on another solo tour!!). He also performed a gorgeous version of Hate Me and Bleed Out.