Blue October will be performing in Dallas on December 17th at 103.7 KVIL’s Not So Silent Night. Justin called the radio station and talked to a couple of their DJ’s. They talked about coffee, kids, Blue October fans, touring and more. The interview isn’t embeddable so I can’t post it here, you can listen to it on their site.
Angèle Delahoussaye is auctioning five extremely rare Blue October Consent to Treatment posters and a Blue October Blvd sign from San Marcos, Texas. 100% of the proceeds from these auctions will be donated to Liam’s Lions and will benefit the Down Syndrome Association of Central Texas. The posters will be signed by all of the guys in the band and will be personalized by Matt Noveskey. This is a fantastic opportunity to get your hands on some very unique Blue October merchandise and contribute to a good cause at the same time!! All auction information can be found here.
Remember: you can contribute to Liam’s Lions Buddy Walk here.
Blue October has launched a PledgeMusic campaign for their upcoming live concert DVD and CD and a documentary about the band.
We are excited to launch this very special PledgeMusic campaign that with your support will enable us to complete and release a documentary film that we have been shooting over the last few years.
This will also empower us to shoot our first live concert DVD in over ten years, performing our favorite songs from our last four albums.
Along with the live concert CD and live concert DVD and your very own copy of the documentary film, you’ll find some amazing, unique exclusives, from limited edition posters and t-shirts to creative writing sessions with Justin and red carpet pre-screening events of the documentary film.
We can’t thank you enough for your support on the Sway PledgeMusic campaign and are excited for you to be a part of these new projects. We will send out exclusive updates throughout the process, giving you an inside look into the creation of both the live dvd, live cd, and the documentary film.
As they did with the Sway PledgeMusic Campaign, Blue October is offering some amazing perks. Get all the information about the campaign here.
Make sure you request Fear on your local radio stations!! This is one of the simplest way you can support the band! A list of radio stations and their contact information can be found here.
Justin talked to RXP103.9 in Colorado Springs. They talked about what to expect at on of his acoustic shows, songwriting, acting, dealing with haters, the Fear video, his influence on fans and much more.
It’s that time of year again!! The time of year when we all get to show our support to Liam’s Lions at the Down Syndrome Association of Central Texas Annual Buddy Walk.
This year’s Buddy Walk is on Sunday, October 19th at the Reunion Ranch in Georgetown, Texas. If you live in the area you can sign up to attend the walk. Even if you don’t live nearby you can help! You can donate to Liam’s Lions. Registration and donation information can be found here. This year the team is selling t-shirts as well. You can order a shirt here.
Matt and Regan have shared this beautiful video about Liam. (I’ll admit it, I teared up. It’s very touching.)
Please donate to this amazing cause if you can!!! If you can’t, please share this post with your friends! The more awareness we can raise, the better! The money raised from the annual Buddy Walk goes towards programs, services and support for children with Down Syndrome and their families.
How Did I Get Here? interviewed C.B. and Matt about Orb Recording Studios. They talked about how the studio came to be, building the studio, producing records, running a studio while touring with Blue October and much more. (the interview with Matt & C.B. starts about 6:40)
Theresa from 94.5 talked to Blue October before . They talked about Blue October fans, Justin’s beard, what’s next for them, and much, much more.
Justin and C.B. also performed Say It and Dirt Room acoustically.
If you follow Justin on Twitter you know that he has been in the studio recording an acoustic album. Until now, all we’ve known is that he has been recording. Now details have been announced via Blue October’s social media pages.
They posted this announcement on Twitter:
New album coming out September 2nd to be presented at the open book shows.
And this announcement on Facebook:
Finally finished this piece of work. So proud . One track of guild acoustic guitar , one track of vocals. The answer , black orchid , angel , schizophrenia , calling you , chameleon boy , sound of pulling heaven down , hate me , any man in America , worry list , fear , not broken anymore.
Here is a complete track list for the album:
Songs From An Open Book will be available from the Blue October merchandise store, Amazon, iTunes, and other retail outlets. It will also be available to purchase at shows on the Open Book tour.
Update: The album is now available to pre-order from the Blue October merchandise store. Any pre-order includes an instant download of Angel. There are several pre-order packages available. You can see them here.
- October 16, 2014 – O2 Academy – Birmingham, England
- October 17, 2014 – Islington Assembly Hall – London, England
- October 18, 2014 – Band On The Wall – Manchester, England
- October 20, 2014 – Freiheiz Halle – Munich, Germany
- October 21, 2014 – Babylon Kino – Berlin, Germany
- October 22, 2014 – Imperial Theater – Hamburg, Germany
- October 23, 2014 – Kleine Meistersingerhalle – Nuremberg, Germany
- October 24, 2014 – Robert-Schumann-Saal – Dusseldorf, Germany
All ticketing information can be found here.
Justin will be going on a solo acoustic tour this Fall. Ashleigh Stone, who has toured with Justin acoustically and with Blue October in the past, will be joining him again on the tour. The dates for the 2014 Open Book Tour are:
- September 4, 2014 – Rockin Rodeo – Denton, Texas
- September 5, 2014 – The Roxy Event Center – Joplin, Missouri
- September 6, 2014 – Ordway Auditorium – Amarillo, Texas
- September 7, 2014 – Cactus Theater – Lubbock, Texas
- September 9, 2014 – Tricky Falls – El Paso, Texas
- September 10, 2014 – Jean Cocteau Cinema – Santa Fe, New Mexico
- September 12, 2014 – The Irenic – San Diego, California
- September 13, 2014 – Assembly Music Hall – Sacramento, California
- September 14, 2014 – Knitting Factory – Reno, Nevada
- September 16, 2014 – The Chapel – San Francisco, California
- September 17, 2014 – Alberta Rose Theater – Portland, Oregon
- September 18, 2014 – The Triple Door – Seattle, Washington
- September 20, 2014 – The Stateroom – Salt Lake City, Utah
- September 21, 2014 – The Black Sheep – Colorado Springs, Colorado
All ticketing information, including meet and greet passes, can be found here.
Here is a brief description of what the shows will be like:
The shows will consist of spoken word, a question-and-answer session, and an acoustic set of intimate versions of fan-favorite Blue October songs. The evening will focus on breaking down the walls between artist and audience, and will provide fans with the most access to Justin ever available.
Houston’s 94.5 The Buzz interviewed Justin this morning. They talked about attending The High School for Performing and Visual Arts, his upcoming acoustic residency in LA, how Blue October’s music has changed, performing in Houston and much more. Justin also performed a Hate Me and Calling You.
You can see pictures here.
- July 19, 2014 – The Buzz Weenie Roast – Houston, Texas
- August 23, 2014 – Bat Fest – Austin, Texas
- November 12, 2014 – The Fillmore – Silver Spring, Maryland
- November 13, 2014 – Royale – Boston, Massachusetts
- November 14, 2014 – The Trocader Theatre – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- November 15, 2014 – Webster Hall – New York, New York
- November 16, 2014 – House of Blues – Cleveland, Ohio
- November 19, 2014 – Bogarts – Cincinnati, Ohio
- November 20, 2014 – Newport Music Hall – Columbus, Ohio
- November 21, 2014 – The Fillmore – Detroit, Michigan
- November 22, 2014 – House of Blues – Chicago, Illinois
- November 23, 2014 – The Vogue – Indianapolis, Indiana
- November 28 and 29, 2014 – House of Blues – Dallas, Texas
- December 4, 2014 – Route 66 Casino – Club Envy – Albuquerque, New Mexico
- December 5, 2014 – Talking Stick Resort & Casino – Scottsdale, Arizona
- December 6, 2014 – The Fonda Theatre – Los Angeles, California
- December 7, 2014 – Brooklyn Bowl – Las Vegas, Nevada
- December 9, 2014 – Summit Music Hall – Denver, Colorado
- December 11, 2014 – The Rave – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- December 12, 2014 – Sokol Auditorium – Omaha, Nebraska
- December 13, 2014 – The Pageant – St. Louis, Missouri
- December 14, 2014 – Brady Theater – Tulsa, Oklahoma
- December 18, 2014 – Iron City – Birmingham, Alabama
- December 19, 2014 – Jannus Live – St. Petersburg, Florida
- December 20, 2014 – House of Blues – Lake Buena Vista, Florida
- December 21, 2014 – Revolution – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
All ticketing information can be found on Blue October’s website.