There will be two different artists opening for Justin’s solo tour. The first half of the tour (April 4-April 19) Tori Vasquez will be opening. Tori opened for Justin’s solo European tour in 2012.
Twitter – Facebook – Website – YouTube
For the second half of the tour (May 1-May 18) Ashleigh Stone will be opening. Ashleigh was one of the opening acts for the Any Man In America tour. You can read her blog post about the tour here.
Twitter – Facebook – Website – YouTube
I’ve seen this quote from Justin on multiple websites announcing An Open Book: An Evening with Justin Furstenfeld. I’ve tried to track down an interview that it came but haven’t been able to find one. I’m assuming that it was in the press release that was sent out about the tour.
“I always look forward to the spoken word/solo shows,” said Furstenfeld. “The fact that I’m sitting just a few feet away from the audience, that there are no rules as to what they ask me, or that I don’t have boundaries on my answers, is what is exciting to me. I’m hoping that the evening will give everyone a chance to dig deep, connect, and explore the dark corners of why honesty, no matter how brutal, remains one of the most beautiful aspects of being human. Through poetry, music, and conversation, we heal. Why not do it together.”
These concerts sound like they are going to be incredible. Anyone want to buy me a plane ticket to one of the cities where there is a concert? 😉
Justin is going on a solo tour to promote the 3rd edition of Crazy Making.
Blue October frontman Justin Furstenfeld has announced plans for a solo tour dubbed “An Open Book: An Evening With Justin Furstenfeld Of Blue October” to promote the release of the expanded 3rd Edition of his book of lyrics and writings dubbed “Crazy Making” due out April 1, 2013.
The shows will consist of spoken word, rounded off with a question-and-answer session, and will also include an acoustic set of songs never before heard and intimate versions of favorites. The evening will focus on breaking down the walls of artist and audience and will provide fans the most access to Justin ever.
Stay tuned to BlueOctober.com for more information about the tour and “Crazy Making” book release.
The tour dates and locations are:
- Thursday April 4, 2013- The Hotel Cafe in Hollywood, California
- Friday April 5, 2013- The Observatory in Santa Ana, California
- Saturday April 6, 2013- Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Sunday April 7, 2013- Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Wednesday April 10, 2013- The Gothic Theatre in Engelwood, Colorado
- Friday April 12, 2013- Mill City Nights in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Saturday April 13, 2013- Turner Hall Ballroom in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Sunday April 14, 2013- Old Rock House in St. Louis, Missouri
- Monday April 15, 2013- Gillioz Theater in Springfield, Missouri
- Wednesday April 17, 2013- The Vanguard Music Hall in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Thursday April 18, 2013- Lakewood Theater in Dallas, Texas
- Friday April 19, 2013- The Paramount Theatre in Austin, Texas
- Wednesday May 1, 2013- City Winery in New York, New York
- Thursday May 2, 2013- The Sinclair in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Friday May 3, 2013- The Hamilton in Washington D.C.
- Saturday May 4, 2013- Theater of the Living Arts in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Sunday May 5, 2013- Beachland Ballroom and Tavern in Cleveland, Ohio
- Tuesday May 7, 2013- Mayne Stage in Chicago, Illinois
- Wednesday May 8, 2013- Mayne Stage in Chicago, Illinois
- Thursday May 9, 2013- The Ark in Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Monday May 13, 2013- 20th Century Theater in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Tuesday May 14, 2013- Center Stage in Atlanta, Georgia
- Wednesday May 15, 2013- 3rd & Lindsley in Nashville, Tennessee
- Thursday May 16, 2013- Juanita’s Cantina in Little Rock, Arkansas
Concert and Meet & Greet tickets can be purchased here.