If you’ve watched the news or been on social media over the past few days you’ve seen the devastation caused by flooding in Texas. Families have lost loved ones and their homes in the flooding.
Blue October is from central Texas and they are stepping up to help their neighbors. They are holding a benefit concert on Sunday, June 7 at The Marc in San Marcos. The concert will include performances by Blue October, Aaron Behrens (Ghostland Observatory), and Ray Wylie Hubbard. More special guests will be announced.
100% of the ticket sales will be donated to flood victims.
Donations are being accepted so even if you can’t be there, you can still help. Ticket and donation information can be found on the Band Together TX website.
Blue October talked to Austin Underground about touring, their upcoming album, the key to staying together so long, songwriting, their favorite song to perform live and much more.
Blue October is inviting you to spend the weekend with them in Las Vegas. Their first ever destination weekend will be held September 18-19 at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. On Friday, September 18, there will be full band electric concert at JBL Sound Stage. Saturday, September 19, there will be an acoustic concert at Vinyl. Tickets for Friday’s concert can be purchased here, and tickets for Saturday’s acoustic set are available here. The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is offering a special rate for guests that are staying with them for this Blue October weekend. Simply use the code HBLUOCT when reserving your room through this link. There will also be a Blue October memorabilia display dedication ceremony some time during the weekend.
Justin was in New York this morning for VH1’s Big Morning Buzz Live with Nick Lachey and Michelle Buteau. He talked about getting sober, Blue October’s upcoming documentary, and writing while on the road. He also performed a beautiful version of Fear.
- June 12, 2015 – State Theatre – St. Petersburg, Florida
- June 13, 2015 – Alexis & Jim Pugh Theater – Orlando, Florida
- June 14, 2015 – Eddie’s Attic – Decatur, Georgia
- June 15, 2015 – The Cone Denim Entertainment Center – Greensboro, North Carolina
- June 17, 2015 – The Hamilton – Washington DC
- June 18, 2015 – The Sinclair – Cambridge, Massachusetts
- June 19, 2015 – Higher Ground – South Burlington, Vermont
- June 20, 2015 – Bowery Ballroom – New York, New York
- June 21, 2015 – Theatre of Living Arts – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- June 23, 2015 – 20th Century Theatre – Cincinnati, Ohio
- June 24, 2015 – House of Blues – Cleveland, Ohio
- June 25, 2015 – SPACE – Evanston, Illinois
- June 26, 2015 – The Ark – Ann Arbor, Michigan
Ticketing information can be found here.
Justin performed at a private event at Houston’s 94.5 The Buzz yesterday. In between songs, Theresa, interviewed Justin. They talked about attending The High School for the Performing and Visual Arts, the loyalty of Blue October fans, acting lessons, the documentary, and much, much more.
Justin also performed The Worry List, Hate Me and Fear. You can see video of his performances and pictures from the event here.
Blue October has announced their Spring 2015 Fear Tour dates:
- April 8, 2015 – Orpheum Theater – Flagstaff, Arizona
- April 9, 2015 – House of Blues – San Diego, California
- April 10, 2015 – House of Blues – Anaheim, California
- April 11, 2015 – Great American Music Hall – San Francisco, California
- April 16, 2015 – Venue – Vancouver, British Columbia
- April 17, 2015 – The Showbox – Seattle, Washington
- April 18, 2015 – Wonder Ballroom – Portland, Oregon
- April 19, 2015 – Knitting Factory Concert House – Spokane, Washington
- April 20, 2015 – The Wilma Theatre – Missoula, Montana
- April 22, 2015 – Knitting Factory Concert House – Boise, Idaho
- April 23, 2015 – The Depot – Salt Lake City, Utah
- April 24, 2015 – Boulder Theater – Boulder, Colorado
- April 25, 2015 – Amarillo Civic Center – Amarillo, Texas
- April 26, 2015 – The Roxy Event Center – Joplin, Missouri
- April 29, 2015 – Diamond Ballroom – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- April 30, 2015 – Granada Theater – Lawrence, Kansas
- May 1, 2015 – Hard Rock Hotel and Casino – Sioux City, Iowa
- May 2, 2015 – Austins -Libertyville, Illinois
- May 3, 2015 – Varsity Theater – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- May 6, 2015 – Mr. Smalls Theatre – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- May 7, 2015 – Rapids Theatre – Niagara Falls, New York
- May 8, 2015 – Sherman Theater – Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
- May 9, 2015 – The Norva – Norfolk, Virginia
- May 10, 2015 – The Fillmore – Charlotte, North Carolina
- May 13, 2015 – Exit In – Nashville, Tennessee
- May 14, 2015 – Juanitas Cantina – Little Rock, Arkansas
- May 16, 2015 – Stubbs – Austin, Texas
Ticketing information can be found here.
Colorado’s 99.9 The Point had Justin in studio while they were in Denver for the Sway Tour. They talked about filming the Fear video, the documentary, getting sober, Justin’s first job, what’s next for Blue October and much, much more.
Justin also performed Hate Me and Fear.
VH1 has posted a short clip from Blue October’s upcoming documentary. A lot of the clips are the same as the sneak peek that was included in the PledgeMusic campaign but there is some new footage included in this version. Every little clip we get from the documentary makes me more excited to see the whole thing. I know it is going to be a phenomenal journey.
Ash of Dallas’s KVIL talked to Justin backstage at the DVD concert. They talked about writing Fear and about how Justin feels when fans tell him how much Blue October’s music helps them.
Justin also answered a bunch of rapid fire questions with Brent. Would he rather be a jedi or wizard? Who’s his guilty pleasure artist? Craziest fan encounter?
Harvard of the South, a side project of Justin, Jeremy, Matt and Steve Schiltz, will be the opening band for the first ten dates on upcoming leg of Blue October’s Sway tour. They will also have their EP, Miracle, available to purchase. As of right now, these shows are the only place that the EP will be available. So if you’re going to one of those concerts, make sure you grab a copy! (If the EP becomes available any other way, I will post about it here as soon as I find out.)
Make sure you follow Harvard of the South on all their social media sites: